Pete is back!
The tumbleweeds have been swept, the cobwebs blown and the windows thrown open cos Pete is back with a new album.

If you want to pop by for a chinwag about Pete and his music, join us here on the sofa for a blether....

2014-07-10 - First Canadian Place, Toronto, ON

Discuss Pete's tours and gigs
srb151
New Shoes

2014-07-10 - First Canadian Place, Toronto, ON

#1 Post by srb151 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 7:59 pm

Hi Everyone,

Just returned from a second Pete Murray gig in 3 days ;)

This was a promotional free show he was supposed to do on an outdoor stage in the downtown financial district of Toronto over lunchtime, however apparently due to weather concerns, they moved it indoors. This didn't make sense as it has been a perfect day with only a few passing clouds. Pete blamed killer caterpillars as the reason they moved it inside....lol.

The indoor area, is actually an underground concourse shop area (I believe Toronto has the longest stretches of underground concourses at least in North America...very handy to get around in the cold winters.) The problem with this though, is it was very echoey. That said, the band played a short seven song set, and they sounded great.

Met Pete again after the gig (and he immediately remembered me from Tuesday), and handed him CDs of 4 Canadian show recordings that he asked for 2 nights ago. Very glad I was able to personally give them to him today. We taked for a minute, mostly about the mics I use, and he was curious about how the Rivoli recording turned out, and then I had to head out, as I told my work I had a doctor's appointment, and used that excuse to head to Toronto for the show ;)

This time I brought my video camera as well as my audio recording gear, and when I have some time i'll assemble it all together and make it available for anyone here who is interested.

It's been a fun couple of days, and Pete mentioned to me at the Rivoli gig that he hopes to be back in Canada as early as January, so hoping for another show or two in the new year!

Cheers,

Scott
Last edited by srb151 on Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

srb151
New Shoes

Re: 2014-07-10 - First Canadian Place, Toronto, ON

#2 Post by srb151 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:39 am

My audio from this show is on Dime if anyone is interested: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=498721

srb151
New Shoes

Re: 2014-07-10 - First Canadian Place, Toronto, ON

#3 Post by srb151 » Sat Aug 09, 2014 2:00 am

Here's the complete show on Youtube for those interested. Not a flattering venue, it was supposed to be on an outside stage in the heart of Toronto's financial district at lunch, but was moved inside for reasons unknown.

Regardless, a solid set.

Audio is from my external capture.

Enjoy!

Scott

phpBB [video]