Pete is back!
The tumbleweeds have been swept, the cobwebs blown and the windows thrown open cos Pete is back with a new album.

If you want to pop by for a chinwag about Pete and his music, join us here on the sofa for a blether....

Byron Sessions tour....reviews please!!

Discuss Pete's tours and gigs
Alison d
Sweet Devotion

Byron Sessions tour....reviews please!!

#1 Post by Alison d » Mon Mar 18, 2013 11:29 am

Its so great this forum is back on,(thanks girls :D :D :D :D )as we can write reviews again.Not a great amount of detail gets written on Facebook .
From what I have read on there though ,sounds as if this tour is the best ever.
So please write your experiences down.
I will once I go to one....my first of the tour was postponed till may due to the floods,but less than 2 weeks now to my other 2...wooohooo!!!
Looking forward to reading Muzzboarders :) :) :) :)

Jules
New Shoes

Re: Byron Sessions tour....reviews please!!

#2 Post by Jules » Mon Mar 18, 2013 5:15 pm

I understand that this is the first time Pete has toured Oz with his 'one man' format...? We overseas peeps have at least been lucky to have the pared-down gigs as well as the full band ones... Both certainly have their magic! So I'm really glad that Australians are getting to experience both now. I'd love to hear about them. I bet he's going down a treat! :-D

Alison d
Sweet Devotion

#3 Post by Alison d » Sat Mar 23, 2013 1:04 pm

No reviews yet,but suppose I wil find out soon as I have 3 gigs coming up!!

Amba
Sweet Devotion

#4 Post by Amba » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:49 am

Apologies for not having posted about Pete's gig at The Corner but I want to write a detailed review and just haven't had the time :(
However Alison I saw you Facebook post to Pete about him not being on the rum :lol: A guy bought Pete a drink during the show but when Pete took a sip he complained that it was bourbon and not rum!! :lol:
Also I think Pete looks REALLY spent in that pic....probably because he played for TWO HOURS!!!!! But more about that later ;) ;)

Alison d
Sweet Devotion

#5 Post by Alison d » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:22 am

That's cool Amba,I know how busy life gets.I will appreciate it whenever you get the chance.Look forward to the read.
Yeah Pete likes his Rum...funny you overheard him say that at the gig.I heard it in an interview on the last tour that was in SA.I for one hate the stuff,a bad night on it will do that :mrgreen: .I like Cider :D

Alison d
Sweet Devotion

#6 Post by Alison d » Tue Mar 26, 2013 6:29 am

ps .Amba,also if you get a chance could you read the last post to you in the"Selling Books and things section".only if you get a chance .Thanks.

murfinator
Sweet Devotion

#7 Post by murfinator » Sun Apr 28, 2013 5:16 am

I'm off to see Pete tonight at Twin Towns! :D Can't wait!

Amba
Sweet Devotion

#8 Post by Amba » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:31 am

Hi Murfinator....that's sooo great. Have a fantastic time! Front row?!!! ;) :lol: