Pete is back!
The tumbleweeds have been swept, the cobwebs blown and the windows thrown open cos Pete is back with a new album.

If you want to pop by for a chinwag about Pete and his music, join us here on the sofa for a blether....

Crowdfunding

All off topic chit chat
Lisa
Sweet Devotion

Crowdfunding

#1 Post by Lisa » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:05 pm

I received in the post today the new CD from The Delta Riggs, an Aussie band which was produced with funding from a Pozible project. I received the mp3s online a few weeks ago so have had a chance to listen to the tunes and they are really good if rock and roll is your thang :P .
Have any of you participated in any crowd funding music projects :?:
I've been involved in five I think now.

Amba
Sweet Devotion

Re: Crowdfunding

#2 Post by Amba » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:15 am

Whilst I've heard of it I haven't participated. Sound positive though Lisa, I will do some more investigation :) We have had a bit of publicity here with regards to loans for 3rd world countries....given that we are supposed to be the richest nation on the planet atm??!! :?

Lisa
Sweet Devotion

#3 Post by Lisa » Fri Apr 19, 2013 6:00 pm

Personal loans or government loans :?:
Aside from the charity ads on the tv and the chuggers in the street we don't hear anything about loans to poorer nations although every so often the amount the government gives in its overseas aid budget is questioned (when our own country has been deep in recession for so long).

Amba
Sweet Devotion

#4 Post by Amba » Sat Apr 20, 2013 5:41 am

They are personal loans Lisa. U can find them on the internet. Third world countries use them to help people to start businesses and become self sufficient, apparently they pay you back when they are up and running :) You can donate as little as $25. They have a very good track record of paying back, you just have to ensure it's a genuine site that u are dealing through.

I saw a program on TV a while back that featured these organisations
http//www.kiva.org and http//www.goodreturn.org

Lisa
Sweet Devotion

#5 Post by Lisa » Sat Apr 20, 2013 7:26 pm

Oh that's really interesting 8-) . Not heard of this before. Thanks for the links Amba.

murfinator
Sweet Devotion

#6 Post by murfinator » Fri Jul 26, 2013 6:06 am

Only just saw this thread now, but i've participated in a few. It's a great way to get cool merch! I've done it for a few artists via different sites - Pledge Music, Kickstarter, Pozible. Some of them have really cool incentives like house concerts etc except they always cost thousands of dollars. haha the most i've spent is about $30

Petemurrayitis
Sweet Devotion

#7 Post by Petemurrayitis » Mon Jul 29, 2013 11:43 am

Nathan Kaye is looking into launching his new album this way. He was the support act with Pete on the Byron Sessions Tour. I have asked that he keep us up to date via fb. I would love to hear more of his music. Hope to be able to assist in some way..