Pete is back!
The tumbleweeds have been swept, the cobwebs blown and the windows thrown open cos Pete is back with a new album.

If you want to pop by for a chinwag about Pete and his music, join us here on the sofa for a blether....

Brett Wood

News and updates
murfinator
Sweet Devotion

Re: Brett Wood

#11 Post by murfinator » Sat May 04, 2013 10:01 am

Ok so a friend of mine went and saw Taxiride last night - they were doing a free gig on the Gold Coast. She posted a couple of pics on Instagram and the last one she posted was of her and Brett Wood!! He's playing guitar for Taxiride or with the lead singer at least - Jason Singh. Anyway so the comments on the picture are -

"Thought he was gonna be a fireman"
"Yeah he was having a really bad night that night! Pete wanted to re-record Blue Sky Blue but he couldn't face doing the same songs for another 2 yrs, Plus they had a fight. He has his own album coming out this year too"

So i'm not sure how true any of those comments are but very interesting!

Amba
Sweet Devotion

#12 Post by Amba » Sat May 04, 2013 11:48 pm

Mmm interesting. Do u know who posted the comments? Not unusual for band members to fight if indeed that comment is true :?

murfinator
Sweet Devotion

#13 Post by murfinator » Sun May 05, 2013 1:20 am

I've never actually met the guy who posted the comment but I've heard of him thru friends. He was at the Pete Murray concert I went to last year in Brisbane so he may have chatted to Brett after the show. He's in a band himself so they would have had a bit to talk about I guess.

Lisa
Sweet Devotion

#14 Post by Lisa » Sun May 05, 2013 6:22 pm

Yes interesting :| . I guess the bit about not wanting to play the same songs for another two years could be true especially as Pete did re-record BSB and if he does have music of his own to get out there, it makes sense for him to want to do that. Maybe the 'fight' was just deciding they wanted to do different things.

Amba
Sweet Devotion

#15 Post by Amba » Mon May 06, 2013 6:40 am

Maybe Brett's preference to play electric lead guitar wasn't a good fit for Pete's reprisal of BSB's laid back acoustic version

Danansmith
New Shoes

#16 Post by Danansmith » Fri Mar 18, 2016 9:57 am

I think I may have missed something here. Because I am interested in this topic.

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Fashion bubble football : Bumper ball

Daisy221
New Shoes

#17 Post by Daisy221 » Thu Jun 22, 2017 7:00 am

Hello there! I am Daisy from Alabama and i am newbie member here and its really great forum .