Pete is back!
The tumbleweeds have been swept, the cobwebs blown and the windows thrown open cos Pete is back with a new album.

If you want to pop by for a chinwag about Pete and his music, join us here on the sofa for a blether....

Brett Wood

News and updates
Lisa
Sweet Devotion

Brett Wood

#1 Post by Lisa » Thu Apr 04, 2013 8:11 pm

Does anyone know what Brett Wood is up to these days??

Petemurrayitis
Sweet Devotion

Re: Brett Wood

#2 Post by Petemurrayitis » Thu Apr 04, 2013 11:14 pm

Not sure Lisa...but he can play the guitar for me ANYTIME he likes....reowwwwww :lol: :lol: :lol: Pete Has good Guns but Brett...woweeeee :lol: :lol: and I'm a bit partial to a bit of ginge!! :lol: :lol:

Amba
Sweet Devotion

#3 Post by Amba » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:30 am

I thought Brett was a brilliant guitarist. I also thought that Pete's guitar skills improved under Brett's mentoring. Brett learnt from the brilliant Tommy Emanuel! He hasn't played with Pete for a couple of years now. The young lead electric guitarist Pete had in Melbourne for the Corner gig was also really good.

Petemurrayitis
Sweet Devotion

#4 Post by Petemurrayitis » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:51 am

Amba are you talking about Twinkles?? Pete had a special guest at the Corner didn't he?? Maybe Brett could teach me some guitar lessons :lol: :lol: :lol: I can play the gambler, Peter Gun and the drunken sailor!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Amba
Sweet Devotion

#5 Post by Amba » Fri Apr 05, 2013 4:53 am

No not Twinkles. Pete surprised us with a full band on stage for 2/3 of his show at the Corner. This was a lead guitarist whom I hadn't seen before! ;)

Alison d
Sweet Devotion

#6 Post by Alison d » Fri Apr 05, 2013 10:21 am

Lisa,
Brett and Pete parted ways about April 2012,as I dont think he went on the canadian tour.
Brett once told me when he was a kid he wrote Tommy Emmanuel a letter and Tommy actually rang him up after he read it :D
I really liked Brett,very friendly and always up for a chat,and good singer too.Last I heard he was in America,that was a few months back now :D

Lisa
Sweet Devotion

#7 Post by Lisa » Sun Apr 07, 2013 6:10 pm

Thanks guys.
Amba wrote:I thought Brett was a brilliant guitarist. I also thought that Pete's guitar skills improved under Brett's mentoring. Brett learnt from the brilliant Tommy Emanuel! He hasn't played with Pete for a couple of years now. The young lead electric guitarist Pete had in Melbourne for the Corner gig was also really good.
Yes I loved watching him play 8-) . I don't know Tommy Emanuel :oops: . Is he a famous Aussie rockstar :?:
Alison d wrote: I really liked Brett,very friendly and always up for a chat,and good singer too. :D
I agree Alison. He was always so lovely and chatty after the gigs and I thought he matched Pete's philosophy, musically and disposition to a tee - such a shame they are no longer working together :( .

Alison d
Sweet Devotion

#8 Post by Alison d » Mon Apr 08, 2013 5:55 am

Yes Brett was great,but with his talent,he will do well :D

Amba
Sweet Devotion

#9 Post by Amba » Mon Apr 08, 2013 6:32 am

Lisa, Tommy Emmanuel has been a member of some great bands including Dragon. He moved for a while to the States to grow his solo career. He is one of, if not the best, Aussie guitarists :)

Lisa
Sweet Devotion

#10 Post by Lisa » Tue Apr 09, 2013 7:47 pm

Thanks Amba. I don't know Dragon either :(. Here in the UK we are really ignorant about earlier Aussie music except for INXS and Crowded House. We aren't much better now :(. The radio hardly ever plays anything from Oz except Gotye. Thank goodness for the internet!