Pete is back!
The tumbleweeds have been swept, the cobwebs blown and the windows thrown open cos Pete is back with a new album.

If you want to pop by for a chinwag about Pete and his music, join us here on the sofa for a blether....

Canadian Tour

News and updates
Lisa
Sweet Devotion

Canadian Tour

#1 Post by Lisa » Sun Oct 27, 2013 10:45 am

Just wishing Pete all the best with his forthcoming Canadian tour.
Maybe we'll get a few more members :)

srb151
New Shoes

Re: Canadian Tour

#2 Post by srb151 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 2:43 am

Definitely picked up some new fans touring with Paul Langlois & Greg Ball on the Not Guilty Tour! Pete was fantastic. I had never heard of him or his music before the Canadian tour, but came out a fan. It wasn't until afterwards I learned he's a pretty popular artist, and realized what a treat it was to have seen him play in such a small venue!

Here's my 3-cam edit of his performance of Feeler from Waterloo, Ontario, with second act Greg Ball joining him onstage:

phpBB [video]

I also posted a dvd of his complete opening set to Dime for anyone that is interested in live recordings. If you don't have a Dime account, send me a note...I can get copies out to anyone interested.

Cheers from Canada!

srb151
Last edited by srb151 on Mon Jul 14, 2014 3:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lisa
Sweet Devotion

#3 Post by Lisa » Tue Jun 10, 2014 6:41 pm

Welcome srb to the forum and thank you for the video of Pete at Waterloo. Lovely quality. I discovered Pete 10 years ago when I heard Feeler on BBC Radio 2 and was hooked. He is not well known over here in the UK (well only to the Ozzies) so I am also fortunate that he plays smaller intimate venues.
He is performing in London next week so I am very excited to get to see him again :).

I would love to take you up on your offer of a DVD but I don't have a Dime account :(. Is there another way?

srb151
New Shoes

#4 Post by srb151 » Thu Jun 19, 2014 11:10 pm

Hi Lisa,

Thanks for the welcome. I was wondering whether or not someone was at the wheel here, as I joined/posted back in March and it took 2 months before being approved. Had just about given up.

Pete is playing Toronto again next month, and I'm trying to figure out if I can make the show. Hopefully I can...it's another club style venue. If so, I'll try and record!

Are you able to download through bitTorrent? I can set up a private torrent and share it here if torrenting works with you.

Cheers,

Scott

Lisa
Sweet Devotion

#5 Post by Lisa » Sun Jun 22, 2014 5:21 pm

Hi Scott,
Profuse apologies from me about the time it took for you to get your account approved. I am Admin here and it was due to a family bereavement that meant things went a bit awry for a while.
I have uTorrent so assume I could use that.
Hope you get to see Pete again. He's on fine form. I've just come back from London after seeing Pete at Scala. It's a smallish venue and Jules and I were up front so had a great view. I will post a full review soon.

srb151
New Shoes

#6 Post by srb151 » Sun Jun 29, 2014 5:30 pm

Lisa wrote:Hi Scott,
Profuse apologies from me about the time it took for you to get your account approved. I am Admin here and it was due to a family bereavement that meant things went a bit awry for a while.
I have uTorrent so assume I could use that.
Hope you get to see Pete again. He's on fine form. I've just come back from London after seeing Pete at Scala. It's a smallish venue and Jules and I were up front so had a great view. I will post a full review soon.
Hi Lisa,

I'm sorry to hear of your family's loss, and certainly understand that life takes priority over these fun hobbies. Not to worry at all. I figured there is probably a wait period or minimum post count for newbies before accounts are approved and posts aren't delayed in an effort to avoid spammers. Totally understandable.

I was going to create a private torrent for the dvd files, and then I remembered it isn't a big fileset, as Pete was the opener, and only played for about a half-hour as it is. I've zipped up the dvd files, and placed them in my dropbox. The show can be downloaded directly from here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f2abfbt73x3s5 ... dvd%5D.zip

I only have the free 2gb dropbox account, so I can't leave this file there for too long as it takes up 75% of my available space. I'll keep it there until next Saturday (July 5th), before removing it, unless I hear from you first that you have downloaded it. I can always put it back afterwards if anyone else wants...just send me a pm if the link is no longer valid.

I also have my audio recording of his Toronto show last November, that I listen to most days :) I'd be happy to also post that through dropbox after you have the video, if interested....

How long was Pete's show at Scala? Trying to guage how long a night it will be next week in Toronto when he rolls through......

Hope you enjoy the dvd!

Scott

srb151
New Shoes

#7 Post by srb151 » Fri Jul 04, 2014 11:36 pm

Hey now.....I just found out I won a contest through HMV to Pete Murray's show this coming Tuesday in Toronto! 2 tickets, a meet & greet with him, and an autographed copy of the EP he is selling on tour. I think it's the same EP I bought last November when I saw him opening for Paul Langlois, but I don't mind. I might bring my copy of Feeler I ordered from Australia and ask if he would sign that too!

Can't wait, and hopefully I'll get another good audio recording :)