Pete is back!
The tumbleweeds have been swept, the cobwebs blown and the windows thrown open cos Pete is back with a new album.

If you want to pop by for a chinwag about Pete and his music, join us here on the sofa for a blether....

A New Album in the Pipeline!!

Articles, interviews, and reviews
Alison d
Sweet Devotion

Re: A New Album in the Pipeline!!

#11 Post by Alison d » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:01 am

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: So its all agreed...Thai it is :!: :!: :!: If only Pete read this and would think its a good idea,i would be there for sure :D Hey no one can stop us dreamimg ;) Or Pizza is good too,but then again thai takes longer to eat,so thats the go :lol: :lol:
Thanks for another article,keep em coming Amba,your unreal :D

Alison d
Sweet Devotion

#12 Post by Alison d » Mon Apr 15, 2013 8:22 am

Oh and Petemurrayitis,
I will mention to Pete that the group of us on here have ideas for the next album etc we want to discuss over dinner :oops: imagine how nervous I would be,I probably wont even be able to talk :lol: ........Look its a long shot I will even get to talk to him at my last gig,as I refuse to ever stand in a line to wait to talk to him again.I just feel after all this time and dedication I have shown that im past doing that :|

murfinator
Sweet Devotion

#13 Post by murfinator » Mon Apr 15, 2013 12:15 pm

I'm up for Thai food!! haha can I join too!

Alison d
Sweet Devotion

#14 Post by Alison d » Mon Apr 15, 2013 11:07 pm

Of course Murfinator......but bring your ideas :lol: :lol:

Amba
Sweet Devotion

#15 Post by Amba » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:03 am

I remember Pete saying that whilst recording Summer at Eureka from his home near Byron, that he had a mate who was a chef at a nearby restaurant, who used to do theme nights for him and the band, so that might be the go. He could book the whole place out exclusively for us! :)
Also, on the DVD of Summer at Eureka he does explain the process of writing and recording, but I'm sure he could provide us with some further details! ;)
A few years back, I was lucky enough to win a signed, HAND WRITTEN sheet of Pete's lyrics to You Pick Me Up!! One of my prized pieces....."straight to the poolroom" with that one!! :lol: :lol:

Alison d
Sweet Devotion

#16 Post by Alison d » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:01 am

Gotta say Amba,didn't realise there was a DVD for summer at Eureka.I watched something online about that,but didn't know you could buy it as a DVD as well :oops: ......

And a theme night,sounds good,if only :lol: What would the theme be.......How about Superheroes,as I have a wonder woman outfit 8-) :lol:

Love that you got the original lyric sheet for,'You pick me up',very impressive :D

Amba
Sweet Devotion

#17 Post by Amba » Tue Apr 16, 2013 7:29 am

Summer At Eureka was also released as a double pack containing the CD and a DVD called The Making Of Summer At Eureka. In it Pete explains the process of recording the CD and there's great shots of his home studio where he recorded that album :) ;)
I think superheroes would be good, given that a few days ago Pete leapt out of a plane! :o He also went shark spotting in Vic. a few weeks ago and has also done paragliding....a real superhero!! ;)

Alison d
Sweet Devotion

#18 Post by Alison d » Tue Apr 16, 2013 12:05 pm

Was it the same price as the Cd on it's own?Was it released a little after the initial release of Cds?
I got my Summer at Eureka CD,as When you bought a ticket for the album launch at the Factory in Sydney the Cd was part of the ticket price and got sent out in the mail.It Didn't have the DVD included,but I could swear I watched it online,or maybe just snippets of it, cause it rings a bell.
I remember as I was driving to that CD launch Pete was being interviewed on the radio.The one thing that sticks in my mind about what he was saying during that interview was,he would outline with texta his tools ,so he would know where to hang them back on the wall.I dont remember what the question was though. :lol: :lol:
I could be a pretend superhero and Pete a real one.....I wouldn't mind ;)
I have been liking his update pics on FB about his risky adventures :D

Lisa
Sweet Devotion

#19 Post by Lisa » Tue Apr 16, 2013 6:51 pm

Amba wrote:A few years back, I was lucky enough to win a signed, HAND WRITTEN sheet of Pete's lyrics to You Pick Me Up!! One of my prized pieces....."straight to the poolroom" with that one!! :lol: :lol:

Wow very nice :).
Alison d wrote:Was it the same price as the Cd on it's own?Was it released a little after the initial release of Cds?
I got my Summer at Eureka CD,as When you bought a ticket for the album launch at the Factory in Sydney the Cd was part of the ticket price and got sent out in the mail.It Didn't have the DVD included,but I could swear I watched it online,or maybe just snippets of it, cause it rings a bell.
Hi Alison, I've got the DVD version too. It came with the CD in a double gatefold pack. I am pretty sure I got mine online from JB Hifi as a pre-order and it came signed too.
Is there another physical version of S at E with Slack on it or was that just a digital download?

Amba
Sweet Devotion

#20 Post by Amba » Wed Apr 17, 2013 9:13 am

I think it was a little more expensive Alison. However, there are a couple for sale on Ebay atm if u want to get ur hands on 1! ;) ;) :)