Pete is back!
The tumbleweeds have been swept, the cobwebs blown and the windows thrown open cos Pete is back with a new album.

If you want to pop by for a chinwag about Pete and his music, join us here on the sofa for a blether....

Stars up to speed on derby

Articles, interviews, and reviews
murfinator
Sweet Devotion

Stars up to speed on derby

#1 Post by murfinator » Sat May 18, 2013 4:31 am

http://www.northernstar.com.au/news/sta ... y/1872864/

AMONG the billycarters speeding down Bangalow's main street tomorrow, you may spot celebrity carter, musician Pete Murray.

The crooner is one of the brave people who has signed up for the celebrity run at the annual Bangalow Lions Billy Cart Derby, and will be joined by comedian Mandy Nolan, and musician Tex Perkins.

The 2013 billy cart derby is once again set to draw hund- reds of people to the town to watch the thrills and spills as the young and young-at-heart compete for coveted trophies.

Organiser Tony Heeson said this year's event was set to be "fantastic", as riders in a range of categories took to the slope of Bangalow Rd in their billy-carts. A variety of entertainment will also keep the audi- ence occupied.

With the fine weather predicted for tomorrow and the expertise of Elizabeth Lund of Grace School of Deportment and Grooming organising the parade (which includes some eye-catching attractions), Mr Heeson says it is looking to be a great day.

One of the best things about the Billy Cart Derby, he said, was the community involvement. This included the Bangalow Public School's Mad Hatter's Tea Party on the school grounds, which complemented the derby.

With all the excitement leading up to this year's event, Mr Heeson said he had high hopes for the day.

"I think we might hit 250 entries for the first time," he said.

The Bangalow Chamber of Commerce also praised the event for fostering community togetherness and bringing crowds to the region.

The Chamber's Eve Heath of said the family-friendly event epitomised what Bangalow was all about.

Racing starts at 9am, with all participants marshalled from 7am. The parade begins about 12.30pm.

Registrations open on the day from 7am in the Bangalow Hotel.

Lisa
Sweet Devotion

Re: Stars up to speed on derby

#2 Post by Lisa » Mon May 20, 2013 6:55 pm

Thanks Murf. I hope Pete had a good time. I looked at the photos but couldn't see Pete in any of them.

Alison d
Sweet Devotion

#3 Post by Alison d » Wed May 22, 2013 11:59 am

Thanks for posting Murf,
I posted a pic of Pete taken by a friend of mine who watched the race.I put it on facebook,as dont know how to post pics on here yet :? .But one of you can copy and put onto here if you know how :D

murfinator
Sweet Devotion

#4 Post by murfinator » Wed May 22, 2013 1:15 pm

Wow great photo! Thanks for putting it on the facebook page Alison!

Lisa
Sweet Devotion

#5 Post by Lisa » Thu May 23, 2013 12:29 pm

Great photo :D . Pete still manages to look like a cool dude even when hanging on for his life :lol:

Alison, to post a picture in your message, if it is already on the net somewhere, click the Img button on the menu at the top of the message composing box. This will appear

Code: Select all

[img][/img]
. Copy the URL (web address in top of browser) and past it between the two image tags so it looks like this

Code: Select all

[img]http://www.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx.com[/img]
If the photo is one of yours and isn't on the net anywhere as yet, you can upload it directly to your message by choosing the 'upload attachment' button beneath the composing message box. The image might not post if it is too big - I'll have a look into this.