Pete is back!
The tumbleweeds have been swept, the cobwebs blown and the windows thrown open cos Pete is back with a new album.

If you want to pop by for a chinwag about Pete and his music, join us here on the sofa for a blether....

Pete Look A Likes!!

Discuss Pete the person
Amba
Sweet Devotion

Re: Pete Look A Likes!!

#31 Post by Amba » Sat Apr 27, 2013 10:30 pm

Yes he does, and the coastline looks like Ireland but it's actually in Victoria :lol:

Petemurrayitis
Sweet Devotion

#32 Post by Petemurrayitis » Sun Apr 28, 2013 9:56 am

That's a funny pic Lisa... When he put it on FB is asked where his brown paper bag was?? He looks like he's had a hard couple of nights!! Lol. Amba I think that is actually taken in Port Lincoln. He did his shark dive etc over there. I may be wrong but I am pretty sure it is!

Alison d
Sweet Devotion

#33 Post by Alison d » Mon Apr 29, 2013 11:43 am

Yeah I thought it was in SA.Bono is about a foot shorter :D ,some similarities with sunnies on :o

Amba
Sweet Devotion

#34 Post by Amba » Fri May 03, 2013 10:29 am

I adore Bono....my dream is to see them perform IN IRELAND!!! I was there a few years ago, about a week before Pete performed there :x :x :x I saw the posters for Pete's tour on he wall of the venue which was in the same street as I was staying!! :x :x :x I always seem to be in the wrong place at the wrong time with Pete's o/s gigs....same thing hapened in the one and only time he has played in Paris!

Alison d
Sweet Devotion

#35 Post by Alison d » Fri May 03, 2013 12:59 pm

Yeah that's such bad luck Amba,to be there the week before :(

Lisa
Sweet Devotion

#36 Post by Lisa » Fri May 03, 2013 6:24 pm

Amba wrote:I adore Bono....my dream is to see them perform IN IRELAND!!! I was there a few years ago, about a week before Pete performed there :x :x :x I saw the posters for Pete's tour on he wall of the venue which was in the same street as I was staying!! :x :x :x I always seem to be in the wrong place at the wrong time with Pete's o/s gigs....same thing hapened in the one and only time he has played in Paris!
Do they take the mick out of Bono in Oz ??. Overhere I get the impression that he is not well liked in the media :| - maybe because he is so rich and lives the lifestyle that makes them all jealous.

I still cannot believe that Pete played a gig in our small town in a converted church (where we had church services when I was at school and also the church that inspired the Humpty Dumpty nursery rhyme) a couple of months before I had heard of him :cry: . I am on their mailing list but because I didn't know of him, it just passed me by.

Alison d
Sweet Devotion

#37 Post by Alison d » Sat May 04, 2013 1:04 am

I think overall Bono is well
liked over here in Australia.Sure he is rich and has a good lifestyle...good on him,I say :) He also helps many ppl less fortunate than himself.When i was 16, I wanted to marry him. :lol: I have vinyl of U2 still,including a vinyl single from 84,and a 30 yo U2 tshirt :D unbelievable songwriters.

Amba
Sweet Devotion

#38 Post by Amba » Sat May 04, 2013 6:05 am

Lisa wrote:
Amba wrote:I adore Bono....my dream is to see them perform IN IRELAND!!! I was there a few years ago, about a week before Pete performed there :x :x :x I saw the posters for Pete's tour on he wall of the venue which was in the same street as I was staying!! :x :x :x I always seem to be in the wrong place at the wrong time with Pete's o/s gigs....same thing hapened in the one and only time he has played in Paris!
Do they take the mick out of Bono in Oz ??. Overhere I get the impression that he is not well liked in the media :| - maybe because he is so rich and lives the lifestyle that makes them all jealous.

I still cannot believe that Pete played a gig in our small town in a converted church (where we had church services when I was at school and also the church that inspired the Humpty Dumpty nursery rhyme) a couple of months before I had heard of him :cry: . I am on their mailing list but because I didn't know of him, it just passed me by.
I think he's pretty well liked and respected here Lisa. The media seem to really like him and give him good press here. Such a great shame about you missing Pete that time, it would have been soo special for you to see him in that little church! :(

Petemurrayitis
Sweet Devotion

#39 Post by Petemurrayitis » Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:48 am

[attachment=0]image.jpg[/attachment

Was watching an encore of masterchef today and this guy reminds me of Pete.
I haven't been following the show, but may do now.. Lol
Attachments
image.jpg
Lynton off Masterchef
image.jpg (56.9 KiB) Viewed 17132 times

Alison d
Sweet Devotion

#40 Post by Alison d » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:05 am

Yes similar :D