Pete is back!
The tumbleweeds have been swept, the cobwebs blown and the windows thrown open cos Pete is back with a new album.

If you want to pop by for a chinwag about Pete and his music, join us here on the sofa for a blether....

2014-07-08 - The Rivoli, Toronto, ON

Discuss Pete's tours and gigs
srb151
New Shoes

2014-07-08 - The Rivoli, Toronto, ON

#1 Post by srb151 » Wed Jul 09, 2014 5:45 am

Just returned from Pete's Rivoli show in Toronto, to which I won tickets, meet & greet and an autographed EP!

Got to spend 15 minutes with Pete before the show...he was extremely nice. He talked about his tour across Canada last Fall, and what a great time that had been. That was the first time I had seen him, and in fact hadn't heard of him before that. When I mentioned I had recorded his previous Toronto show at the Horseshoe Tavern, he expressed a lot of interest in it, and asked me to get in touch with his publicist about getting him a copy! Very cool!

He autographed the EP he's selling on tour, and I also brought a cd single of Saving Grace which he also autographed! He had to flip over the disc to remember what was on it.

I asked him if he was planning to play Lines, and he said he could. During the show, he actually mentioned my name, and that I had requested Lines, so they played it :) I think it got the whole place going.

The show was terrific! Many songs I didn't know, and songs I only knew as acoustic versions from his previous show sounded great with bass/guitar. They had a computer with beats going as opposed to a full band.

For the encore, he came out with his acoustic guitar, stepped towards the edge of the stage, and asked everyone to come up close around him. He played the last 3 songs without the mic....just him and the audience hanging out. It was a great way to end off the evening, and the icing on the cake was I managed to get a setlist, which I also got autographed after the show as I got another chance to speak with him for a final minute before I had to head out.

I recorded the entire show (audio), and got some videos too, which I'll post for everyone in the coming days. Right now, I need to get up for work in just over 4 hours, so I'll have to tackle everything over the next week or so.

Cheers,

Scott

srb151
New Shoes

Re: 2014-07-08 - The Rivoli, Toronto, ON

#2 Post by srb151 » Thu Jul 10, 2014 10:21 pm

First video is up on Youtube. Opening 3 songs from the show! Video is just my digital camera's video mode, but audio is from external mics.

Led
Better Days
Hurricane

phpBB [video]

And here's the 5 more songs from the second half of the main set:

Happy Ground (with special guest)
Opportunity
Let You Go
Lines (my request - Pete gives me a shout-out during its introduction!)
Always A Winner

phpBB [video]

Last song of the main set - Feeler

phpBB [video]

srb151
New Shoes

#3 Post by srb151 » Fri Jul 18, 2014 3:40 am

My audio is up on Dime for anyone interested: http://www.dimeadozen.org/torrents-deta ... ?id=498720

srb151
New Shoes

#4 Post by srb151 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 2:14 am

Last video from this show. This was cool to see, but hard to record (audio anyway).

Pete played the 3 song encore un-plugged & un-mic'd. Standing on the edge of the stage, he beckoned everyone up to the front and just played right there to the crowd.

My digital camera ran out of space after Saving Grace, so there's a 30 second gap while I got out my iPhone to get the remaining 2 songs. I've sync'd both video files to my audio, but left the audio playing while fade to black during the video outtage. I've also had the audio processed so the crowd noise won't be jarring following each quiet song.

Hope you all enjoy!

Scott

phpBB [video]