Pete is back!
The tumbleweeds have been swept, the cobwebs blown and the windows thrown open cos Pete is back with a new album.

If you want to pop by for a chinwag about Pete and his music, join us here on the sofa for a blether....

Pete Murray to headline Leisureplex opening

Articles, interviews, and reviews
murfinator
Sweet Devotion

Pete Murray to headline Leisureplex opening

#1 Post by murfinator » Sun Jun 16, 2013 3:26 am

http://www.pilbaraecho.com.au/2013/06/1 ... x-opening/

Laid-back surf musician Pete Murray is a household name, once selling indie records from the back of his Kombi van, he is now a 6X platinum album seller, an ARIA award nominee and has released multiple number one singles.

Pete Murray will perform in Karratha Saturday June 29 to headline the much-anticipated Leisureplex opening weekend concert.

Fresh off an Australian tour, Murray is taking a break from the studio and heading to our North West, where he said he is planning on taking in the lifestyle – fishing, exploring and playing music.

“I find the whole west so different to the east,” said Murray.

“I really look forward to getting out around there, the [region]
is really cool.”

Murray will perform songs from his new compendium album, Blue Sky Blue “The Byron Sessions”, a tribute to the laid-back, chilled lifestyle of his home Byron Bay.

The album is an acoustic version of Blue Sky Blue with collaborations from artists such as Ash Grunwald, Bernard Fanning and Katie Noonan.

“I’d already had a couple of acoustic versions [of my songs] and I thought maybe I could do all the songs on this album with other friends,” Murray said.

“It worked out really well.”

Murray will be bringing a full band to perform with him at the Leisureplex, performing a mix of the old favourites and the new songs from The Byron Sessions.

The concert will be hosted by music video royalty, Faustina “Fuzzy” Agolley and Murray will be supported by The Voice contestant Michael Paynter.

Celebrity athletes including Nic Natanui, Leisel Jones, Damien Martin and Liz Ellis will be guests at the celebration.

The festivities will include heaps of family fun with prizes, a DJ by the pool, sausage sizzles and games.

Tickets to the concert are $42 for adults and $31 for concessions.

More information on the opening weekend can be found at karrathaleisureplex.com.au.

Alison d
Sweet Devotion

Re: Pete Murray to headline Leisureplex opening

#2 Post by Alison d » Thu Jun 20, 2013 6:00 am

Sounds like it will be a good gig for all the W.A fans.Good for the under 18's too :D